OOU Hostel Fire Incident: Abiodun Promises Support For Affected Students - EDU-BIZNEWS


Friday, November 24, 2023

OOU Hostel Fire Incident: Abiodun Promises Support For Affected Students

Relief materials and temporary accommodation will be provided for the students of Olabisi Onabanjo University, whose private hostel accommodation caught fire in Ijebu-Igbo recently.

Governor Dapo Abiodun made the promise while in responding to an earlier reported fire incident that affected a private hostel accommodation located at Funmidara Cokers Street, Ijebu-Igbo in Ijebu North Local Government Area of 
Ogun State which occurred at midnight on Tuesday, November 21, 2023, as a result of a power surge.

Governor Abiodun, represented by the State Commissioner for Community Development and Cooperatives, Alhaji Ademola Balogun, who was in the area to assess the level of damage done by the fire incident, said the present administration would continue to respond to the plight of the people where necessary, noting that the wellbeing of students remains paramount to the government.  

He urged the students to remain calm and be law-abiding, affirming that the government had reached out to the school authority to work out modalities on how it could help to replace the certificates and other vital documents that were consumed by the fire incident.

 ‘’This present administration is known for its love and dedication to youths’ welfare, with a promise to provide relief materials and provision of temporary accommodation for the affected students pending the time the building will be fixed. I want to thank God that no life was lost in the incident,’’ the Governor stated.

Reacting, Chairman of the Ijebu North Local Government, Hon. Bolaji Odusanya lauded the prompt intervention and support of the State government, noting that prompt response from the Fire Service helped avert severe damage that could have happened.

 Hon. Odusanya enjoined the students to be more safety cautious and encouraged them to always ensure that they disconnect all electronic gadgets when not in use.

One of the affected students, Miss Eniola Agaga, appreciated the State and Local Governments for coming to their aid, and for liaising with the school management in retrieving their burnt documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment