3,000 Fish Farmers To Benefit From Ogun Govt's Intervention Grant - EDU-BIZNEWS


Friday, March 1, 2024

3,000 Fish Farmers To Benefit From Ogun Govt's Intervention Grant

A total of 3,000 fish farmers are to benefit from Ogun State Government intervention grant under its Economic Transformation Project (OGSTEP) targeted at improving production of fishes  in the state 

The State Commissioner for Agriculture, Hon. Bolu Owotomo revealed this at a meeting with members of Ogun State Fisheries and Aquaculture Farmers Association (OGSFAFA) in Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta
Owotomo explained that under the intervention, farmers were expected to bear 30 percent of the input, while government through OGSTEP, would pay the remaining 70 percent
He admonished them to reciprocate government’s gesture by registering and promptly paying their taxes and annual dues among others, for sustainable development.

"To whom much is given, much is expected. Government does not function in isolation, they function through levies, taxes and more", he said.

The Commissioner urged them to be proactive, in order to add value to their produce before offering them for sale.

Speaking earlier, Chairman of the association, Hon. Adebayo Adeogun, pointed out that the visit was to strengthen collaboration between government and the organisation for the advancement and prosperity of the fish sector.

He said the association which comprises of a robust community of fish farmers spread across the 20 Local Government Areas of the state, recognises the pivotal roles of government in fostering an enabling environment for agricultural development, pledging its collaboration to achieve shared goals and address common challenges.


No comments:

Post a Comment